Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Goodbye 2018, Welcome 2019


In my post before, I had mentioned on how my beginning of 2018 was almost got me die struggling. But I survived. That's the most important part. Now when I look back to last year (it’s past midnight here Malaysia time), it was actually pretty good. The beginning was terrible but starting from the mid year, I managed to have better grip of my life. I would not claim it as an excellent year but looking at the fact that I was not rushed into an emergency room this year, I think 2018 had been kinda great. The highlights of my 2018 are:-

Brightsides
  • Met some new friends. Reliable ones, I tell you.
  • My grade? Average as usual. (definitely not a highlight)
  • My face is healing.
  • Had only once or twice mental breakdown in public – minus the time when my boyfriend left me off at the airport.
  • Got rejected by my 8-year crush.
  • Got together with my 9-year admirer lmao.
  • Finally met someone who constantly putting effort on me without having me begging.
  • Been loving myself a little bit more than before
  • Stepped outside of my comfort zone – started working as a part-timer!
  • Girlfriends got married and I managed to attend both
  • Actually bought a plane ticket instead of only surveying lmao
  • Went hiking
  • Visited new places
  • Explored Penang more!
  • Managed to drag my lazy ass out from my room
  • Made it to my girlfriends’ graduation day
  • People around me have been doing great
  • BIGBANG released Flower Road
  • Seungri managed to feed our starve during BIGBANG’s hiatus

Downsides
  • Face massive breakout and all swollen           
  • Still bitter
  • Getting farther from the Creator
  • Ungrateful
  • Procrastinate too much
  • Movement still slow af
  • Still can’t cook to save a life
  • Spicy tolerance got reduced
  • Haven’t recovered from allergies to seafood
  • Still can’t be at my parents’ house more than a week
  • Still a crybaby, childish af
  • Going off grid whenever drowned in emotions/thoughts/problems
  • Isolating self
  • Still a freaking burden to everyone
  • Got clingy af, worse than before
  • Failed to finish my reading challenge

I cannot think of more. But whew looks like the bright ones have outdone the down ones. So now I am pretty convinced that it had been a great year.

What should I pray for 2019? Well well, I pray to:
  • be closer to Him
  • stop being a fcking burden to everyone
  • speed up! Stop moving like a freaking snail
  • be less emotional
  • cry less
  • stop depending on people
  • have better perceptions of my own family
  • be able to call my parents’ house as ‘home’ again
  • be more grateful
  • talk less
  • tone down the cursing
  • earn more money
  • be a better daughter/sister/friend/girlfriend
  • stop procrastinating fgs
  • write more
  • read more
  • reduce the use of social media
  • love myself more
  • be more responsible
  • gain better grades
  • buy from Bookalicious again
  • travel more
  • attend my girlfriend’s wedding
  • not die
  • not experience a family member’s death or sickness
  • be nicer (ain’t getting there), but colder (already getting there)
  • have better skin
  • stop holding on to the pasts
  • not being lazy at taking care of my own self
  • be less bitter
  • more confident
  • become happier
  • be healthy – emotionally, mentally and physically
  • cut off more toxic people
  • closer to nature
  • stop crying myself to sleep
  • drink more water
  • not having any mental breakdown in public
  • cut off all the unnecessary smiles on my face
  • be the old me who was way less friendlier
  • learn After Effects and Illustrations
  • have better sellings
  • witness BIGBANG’s comeback
  • attend my man’s graduation (but this ain’t happening unless if someone drops 5K into my bank account)
  • see everyone I care about have better lives
  • receive His blessings
  • explore more place in Penang
  • etc.
  • have a better year than all the previous years combined :’)

For now, let’s settle for these. Guess I might need a checklist for all these. Cheers, young bloods!

Image result for bigbang gif

No comments: